Biotechnology Project Management (March 2021)
This MassBioEd ten-session online course, examines critical aspects of project management, including an overview of the drug development process and regulatory agencies. Participants gain practical experience with project management tools, such as Product Development Plans, Responsibility Assignment Matrices, Communication Plans, and Work Breakdown Structures. Participants learn to use tools and strategies for working in a team environment to analyze risk, allocate resources, track projects, resolve conflicts, make decisions, and manage management and teams. Most importantly, participants increase their ability to deliver project results. This will be an interactive course with group breakout sessions, and team activities. We will focus on foundational information, regulations, phases I-IV, and case studies. To encourage engagement, we will implement gamification of content, as a teaching technique when discussing specific products or lines of service.
In this remote interactive learning environment, participants gain understanding and skills in the responsibilities, activities, and competencies required of a successful Project Manager in the biotechnology industry. Experiential learning labs, class participation, and real-world examples are used to maximize educational learning.
"Biotechnology Project Management" helps executives, researchers, technicians, and managers understand the role of project management and how their job fits into the overall drug development process.
- Monday, March 8th, 2021 at 3:30-6:30 PM
- Wednesday, March 10th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Friday, March 12th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Monday, March 15th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Wednesday, March 17th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Friday, March 19th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Monday, March 22nd, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Wednesday, March 24th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Friday, March 26th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
- Monday, March 29th, 2021 at 3:30-5:30 PM
Small Business Direct Access Program: Massachusetts companies with 100 employees or less may be eligible to take this course beginning in Fall 2021 at no cost. You can apply for the program by following the directions below. Note, your application should be submitted at least four (4) weeks before your intended start date of training.
- To see if your company is already registered through the Small Business Direct Access Program, you can check the list of eligible businesses by clicking “List of eligible businesses” on the page here.
- Please note, the approval process can take 2-4 weeks. The application does not save progress, so it is important to have all of the necessary required documents, referenced in Step 2, in advance of filling out and submitting your application here. If your company is not listed, you can register using the form at the bottom of the page.
- Once your company is approved, the Commonwealth Corporation will notify the contact person by email and you will be added to the List of eligible businesses.
- Once approved, please email email@example.com with the name of the employee(s) who wish to register, and we will add them to the course roster for the next available course.
- Further directions on how to enroll employees through the Small Business Direct Access Program can be found here.
To stay updated on the Direct Access Program and other course announcements, you can sign up for our newsletter here.
Nazma M. Rosado, MAOL, PMP, CMQ/OE
President & Principal, Transformative Consulting
Nazma Rosado, President & Principal at Transformative Consulting, Inc. has over 25 years of experience in the Biopharma industry and has worked on phases I-IV with experience in all aspects of study management including study start-up, conduct and close- out.She has worked in Data Management, Clinical Operations, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance, Project Management, Process Optimization, Learning & Development, Change Management, and, Organizational Design & Development for major and mid-sized pharmaceutical and small biotech companies, as well as for a contract research organization (CRO), and consulting companies. She has worked in a highly regulated industry and understands compliance needs. Nazma has focused on the Organizational Leadership and Development aspects of the companies she has worked for, and has been instrumental in designing and implementing solutions to better the workplace for staff and management. She works with senior leaders to help change behaviors that shape the company’s culture and increase employee engagement. Nazma has a passion for people and a strong desire to make the workplace more diverse, engaging, and productive by choice.
Nazma has a B.A. in Neuroscience and a B.A. in Psychology from Colgate University and a M.A. in Organizational Leadership from Gonzaga University. She has 33 credits towards her Master in Public Health at the University of Connecticut. In addition to her traditional education, Nazma has earned many professional certifications including the following: Project Management Professional (PMP), Six Sigma Green Belt (6σ), Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP) and Certified Manager of Quality/ Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE). She holds many certifications in Change Management as well including AMPG and Prosci certifications. Nazma was involved with TransCelerate Biopharma, Inc. for 2 years and served as a Co-Lead for the Change Management Council and as the Change Champion for Astellas Pharma. She also served as a member of the Healthcare Businesswoman’s Association (HBA) Mid-Atlantic Region board (Programming Co-Chair). Nazma currently serves on the Board of the Organization Development Network and is the Chair of the Marketing & Communications Committee.
|Neon CRM by Neon One|